AIA Southwest Washington Mission
“To advance the profession of architecture
for the purpose of improving our practices and our communities.”
PURPOSES AND GOALS
The following Chapter Purposes and related Goals further support and define the Chapter’s Mission :
• Awareness: Promote and facilitate awareness of issues impacting our practices, profession, and the community;
• Community: Architects working as a community of professionals to create better places for people.
• Knowledge: Provide resources and educational opportunities for the purpose of improving member practices, thereby increasing individual knowledge, profit potential, and innovation within the profession;
• Activism: Provide and facilitate opportunities for chapter members and the public to contribute to the livability and sustainability of their communities;
• Advocacy: As Architects, we give voice to our shared values in order to shape sustainable communities at the local, state, regional and national levels.
• Public Policy: Participate in influencing local and state regulatory policy related to the built and natural environments, such that individual practices, the profession of architecture, and communities are strengthened;
• Fellowship: Provide forums for professional fellowship among chapter members and the greater design community, honoring and recognizing individuals and connecting and collaborating with other organizations;
• Knowledge: AIA Knowledge Communities facilitate sharing about design and practice issues on a national and local level.
• Design: Provide forums for design advocacy and for critiquing and celebrating work within the chapter;
• Ethics: Provide forums for chapter member accountability;
• Legacy: Encourage careers within the profession of architecture by assisting young adults with scholarships towards architectural education, engagement in mentoring opportunities, and the development of future leaders within the profession.
AIA NATIONAL MEMBER COVENANT
AIA National Member Covenant (PDF)
AIA ANTITRUST COMPLIANCE GUIDELINES
AIA Antitrust Compliance Guidelines
AIA NATIONAL CODE OF ETHICS
AIA National Code of Ethics